Monday, April 21, 2008

Exclusive Interview With Mr. KAYO 2008 Part II

Further to Part I of the exclusive interview with the reigning Mr KAYO here now is Part II. Incase you have not read Part I see it here.

--- Part II ---

Blog Editor: How have you been since last time?
Mr KAYO: Never been better, thanks

Blog Editor: the last time we were chatting you had just gotten to the point of being declared Mr. KAYO... and how since then your daily verse had become Eph 2:10... would you want to expound on that?
Mr KAYO: I wasn't sure I was ready for that kind of work, or can I say calling. So, when I heard I won, I was shocked and still in denial...until I read that verse, and it then sank in that I am God's Workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God had prepared for me in advance to do. I personalized that verse.

Blog Editor: Would you like to state in what ways in particular?
Mr KAYO: In line with fulfilling my purpose here on earth, God has designed me to use me, so in line with that, like one of my purposes is to minister, and God saw that it will bring Him pleasure for me to serve Him and also the KAYO members in being Mr. KAYO
Another thing, this was a plan God had made way back, even before KAYO existed, so siezi pangua kitu kama hiyo. Thinking about the course my life has been taking since Kitambo, I know God's been bringing me someplace, I am not sure this is it but this mission He's given me, is part of His great plan.

Blog Editor: Brilliant!!! What is Mr & Miss KAYO and what is it all about?
Mr KAYO: At the moment, all I can say is what I've known from the meetings I've attended and the hearsay from people. We are like the face of KAYO and our mandate is being ambassadors / representatives of the anglican youth's in the country. As we speak we've not yet received the official wordings on that.

Blog Editor: History tells me that initial winners of such events blaze the trail and more or less define the role themselves. Thought about that?
Mr KAYO: yeah...am actually doing that on a rather slow pace I might say. The reason for that is I have to learn how the KAYO executive runs the organisation first. Then another hindrance has been after the event, Miss. KAYO had to travel a bit, so we've never met with her to like set up our structure.

Blog Editor: You have your work cut out!! Back to the day, how was the whole event for you? What new experiences did you gather?
Mr KAYO: Well, I got a rough idea of how to get young people together. The events that will bring them together. I think that’s going to be one tool that I might use to bring the young people together.

Blog Editor: Where does Ken go from here? Not Mr KAYO, but Ken?
Mr KAYO: from here...after Mr. KAYO ? Every year has been different for me. Not as I expect. Its hard to tell, but am sure God has smthn in store for me. He has always surprised me over the years...since 2005.

Blog Editor: Anything significant about 2005?
Mr KAYO: Yeah!! That was when I made St. Andrews ACK Zimmerman my church, that was one major decision I took...a long story behind though, and many other things.

Blog Editor: Great!!! Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Mr KAYO: There's a verse in the bible where Jesus Says that, If they crucified him, what more should we as his followers expect? I don’t have anyone in particular who I can say really inspires me, as in, not one person but they are quite a big lot. A bit by bit from different people.

Blog Editor: Aeronautical Engineering or is it Aerospace Engineering... What’s that?
Mr KAYO: (Laughing) Aeronautical deals with planes, Jets...and such. Aerospace, or Space Avionics...deals with matters beyond the earths atmosphere, as the words suggests...."space". Now that’s my Career goal! There's a desire that has been in me since I was small. Since the first time I heard of the universe I've always wanted to be part of a team that will discover that universe and I am trusting God that one day, He'll open my eyes to the wonders that lie beyond the confines of earth and one way, is I'll get to study aerospace engineering, and I'll be on my way to seeing much more of God's amazing creativity in creation

Blog Editor: We pray that that comes to pass.
Mr KAYO: AMEN to your prayer. I appreciate

Blog Editor: What do you enjoy doing? And what do you do in your spare time (if any)?
Mr KAYO: I Sing. I love singing, nothing else gives more pleasure. Even when doing other things that I enjoy doing like swimming, I just find myself singing. Watching Movies, if its musically based, I'll love it more. So singing is basically what I love doing most.

Blog Editor: What have you watched recently?
Mr KAYO: High School Musical, it’s my favourite.

Blog Editor: What do most people NOT know about Ken?
Mr KAYO: mmhhh, tough one!! That I have two big brothers and one small sister in high school. I guess.

Blog Editor: What’s your take on the ladies? And are you seeing someone?
Mr KAYO: I aint seeing anyone now, we broke up with my girl about a month ago.

Blog Editor: Was your breakup before or after Mr KAYO?
Mr KAYO: Before, four weeks before the event

Blog Editor: What do you want to be remembered for?
Mr KAYO: Having given KAYO a face lift is one, and being a testimony of the verse that says "DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD and he will fulfill the desires of your heart."

Blog Editor: What’s your advise to all young people out there, young Christians and KAYO affiliates?
Mr KAYO: whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)

Blog Editor: Amen... Parting Shot?
Mr KAYO: Nothing takes God by surprise.

Blog Editor: Amen, barakaz and we wish you all the best in your endeavors and your walk with Christ
Mr KAYO: Amen and thank you so much for the opportunity.

2 comments:

muchiribeatrice said...

Heco kwa MR. Kayo this shows he's a determined fellow. MAy God help you as we take KAYO to the next level and I know we shall be blessed.

Also, am sorry for the broken relationship, but never reglect God will give you a noble lady when his time comes. Better a broken relationship than a broken marriage. Say Amen?

Pappa said...

Nincey Boy... the sky has never been the limit. Keep going son, and always know thats its all about Jesus, au sio?