Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exclusive Interview With Mr. KAYO 2008 Part I

As promised we publish the first part of our interview with the winner of the inaugural Mr KAYO...

----

Blog Editor: Jambo Kenince... allow me to introduce myself. I am the Editor of the StAY Alive blog. As agreed would you grant us your interview please??
Mr KAYO: mmhhh, I'll be honored

Blog Editor: thank you ... we are experiencing some few problems with our technolgy so please bear with us incase we get interrupted now and then.
Mr KAYO: no problem... I'll understand

Blog Editor: So who is Ken?
Mr KAYO: Ken. Ken is a born again Christian, who's only desire is to live for God.

Blog Editor: Amen, Some background? School, siblings, career, walk with Christ?
Mr KAYO: I went to three primary Schools, but I won't get into details about that... Went to Kabaa High School for secondary education.. thats where I kinda started cementing my relationship with Christ.
I had very helpful friends, I'll mentioned just three of 'em for now... James Kiamba, was in 4th form wen I was in form one, then there was Simon Mumbu who was in form 3, then James Nyamai, was in form 2, then My best friend in high school was Mark Nzomo..we were in the same class. Amazingly I was covered by God fearing friends all through high school...
I have two bro's and one sister... she's in form four at the moment... We love her just so much.
I work with a technology company... but my heart actually is to one day study Aerospace Engineering. At the moment its seen as a dream that will never be, but by the grace of God, I'll make it a reality. I've learnt to live my life without limiting God.

Blog Editor: Wow thats quite something... we'll get back to that. How was your childhood and upbringing?
Mr KAYO: My childhood was the best. My Mom taught me most of what I know about God, and my dad about life.
I love reading, and I trace that trait to both my parents...so I can proudly say that, the good me is a result of my parents, the bad me, that’s my fault. (laughs)

Blog Editor: are you not being too hard on yourself??
Mr KAYO: NO AM NOT... It’s all true..

Blog Editor: I can see your parents have had such an influence on your life... I am sure they are proud of you
Mr KAYO: I hope they were, and wherever they are...I hope they are

Blog Editor: Were??
Mr KAYO: they all passed

Blog Editor: Oh sorry about that!! What age were you when they did??
Mr KAYO: My dad passed when I was 9yrs old...that was 7th June 1996 and my mom five years later... 13th November 2001, I was in form 1 then.

Blog Editor: How sad!! It must have been tough for such a young man. So how was life after mom and dad if I may ask?
Mr KAYO: God's been faithful, He's doing his part well

Blog Editor: And is that not evident in your life... So would you say that was your turning point into knowing Christ?
Mr KAYO: yeah...I can say that. When u have nothing else to hold on to, sometimes people tend to despair and lose hope...but I thank my parents coz they had taught me about God. I learnt to trust him more n more.

Blog Editor: That was Ken before Mr KAYO, and after? Who is Ken?
Mr KAYO: now Ken after Mr. KAYO, mmhh.... Eph. 2:10 became my daily verse

Blog Editor: Would you wish to expound on that?

----

Click here for Part II

4 comments:

Neema said...

Wewe! GreaT iNTERview. mR KAYO bLesSEs ManY In tHat TestIMOnY.

jerusha said...

good work and keep it up.

wamae elias said...

Wazi wazi mse wetu. si God ni mpoa. U r just an amazing testimony and an encouragement to many. well I be here for the other part of the interview, that was a gud one. Endelea kuwakilisha. Barakaz

The Nince said...

its all for God's Glory. Thanks guys, you are part of My testimony. God bless you