Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Annual Madaraka Day Children's Home Visitation

Even after years of self-rule there are still many living below the poverty line and others in squalor. With this in mind, during the Madaraka Day celebrations, StAY Alive Fellowship (ACK St Andrews Youth – Zimmerman) makes a visit to a children’s home. This year is no exception and we will be visiting Kandara Children’s Home in Kandara. On behalf of the StAY Alive Fellowship, here's your invitation!!

About the home:

The home was started in the 1950’s. It has children aged from 3months – 20 years. The home has about 120 children in total. Some of their pressing needs include food, clothing (especially for the young ones and also briefs), utensils (including cutlery), sanitary pads (for the girls), and beddings. The children attend school in the nearby institutions especially public ones. There are a few older ones who are in secondary school and the home has managed to get a few sponsors for some of them. Some of them are in Njiris, St. Charles Lwanga and Kamahuha School. A few others are in technical training institutions where they are undergoing training courses such as carpentry and joinery, welding among others.

Donations in cash and kind are welcome. If there are people who would like to join us for this trip, fare charges are Kshs 500/-. Registration is going on at ACK St. Andrews Church, Zimmerman at the church office. You can also get in touch with the team leader on 254 0724 789 108 for anything.

Matthew 25: 34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

No comments: